A risotto is a sophisticated dish that is also as much a comfort food. Who could resist tasting rice oozing with creaminess, and settling in the tummy with a warm satisfying feeling?
Preparation Time : 10 Mins Cooking Time : 30 Mins
Ready in : 40 Mins Servings : 3-4 People
Quantity and Ingredients :
- 200 g of Pandan Rice, rinsed
- 12 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped finely by hand or food processor
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped finely by hand or food processor
3 splashes of white wine
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 3 tbsp of parmesan cheese
- parsley, finely chopped to garnish
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 600 ml of water
- Saute onions and garlic and a bit of salt in olive oil for 5 minutes, until they are well cooked and soft.
- Pour rinsed rice and combine for a few minutes, until rice is translucent. Add wine and let cook for another minute until it evaporates. Add mushrooms, and stir together.
- Reduce to simmer, gradually add 150 ml of water, and stir constantly to agitate the starch inside the grain to ooze out and make the risotto creamy. When water is almost evaporated, add 150 ml more water and stir. Repeat until rice is has an al dente bite, and has a wet creaminess.
- Add butter and parmesan cheese, and stir. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.