Rendang Beef Burger
Voted as the most delicious food in the world, Rendang Beef is served with a new twist between burger buns made of colorful Volcano Rice. This Volcano Rice adds a satisfying and hearty texture, and its fragrant and nutty aroma gives a new depth to the Rendang flavors. Be ready for seconds, and thirds...
Preparation Time : 10 Mins Cooking Time : 90 Mins
Ready in : 100 Mins Servings : 4-6 People
Quantity and Ingredients
- 300 g of Volcano Rice
- 1 kg of beef, cubed into 1.5 inch squares
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 12 shallots
- 2 big chilies
- 4 small chilies
- 2 inch ginger
2 inch galangal
- 1 inch turmeric, or 1 tsp of turmeric powder
- 500 ml coconut milk
- 6 lime leaves
- 2 pcs of tamarind
- 1/2 tsp of cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook Volcano Rice, adding 75 ml more water than the instructions. When cooked, shape into burger buns. The more the rice is pressed together, the better it will hold together.
- Meanwhile, blend shallot, garlic, chili, ginger, galangal, and turmeric in a food processor until fine.
- Put coconut milk, blended spice, lemongrass, lime leaves, and salt in a pot, and let boil.
- Add beef, and bring heat to low. Cook for 90 minutes stirring occasionally until most of the liquid evaporates and the curry thickens to a brown color.
- Add cumin, cinnamon, and pepper to taste.
- Assemble the burger by shredding the rendang on a rice bun, add some sauce, and add another rice bun on top.