Balinese Rainforest Salad
A light and refreshing salad infused with the flavors of Bali, with scents of tropical lemongrass and lime leaves. This well-balanced and healthy salad is loaded with vegetables, and beans, and is packed with proteins, fiber, and anti-oxidants. It is a delight for vegetarians!
Preparation Time : 25 Mins Cooking Time : 30 Mins
Ready in : 45 Mins Servings : 3-4 People
Quantity and Ingredients
- 300 g Rainforest Rice
- 100 g dried or 150 g fresh kidney beans boiled
- 1 cucumber diced
- 2 tomatoes diced
3 stalks lemongrass (inner white parts only and thinly sliced)
2 small red chilies (optional)
8 shallots thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
5 kaffir lime leaves sliced 1 cm apart
1 tbsp cooked shrimp paste or 2 tbsp of fish sauce
- 3 juice of 3 medium limes or 6 small limes.
- 150 ml of rice bran oil or vegetable oil
- Cook Rainforest Rice according to instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil on pan until oil is very hot. Place chilly, shallots, garlic, lime leaves, shrimp paste/fish sauce, and lime juice in a bowl, and pour the hot oil into the bowl. The mixture will sizzle for a short time. Let it cool.
- When the rice is cooked, pour in an open container and let it cool down for 10 minutes, before mixing with cucumber, tomatoes, and kidney beans.
- Pour in as much dressing to your taste to the rice mix, and toss. Enjoy!
This is an original recipe by Sunria and its farmers. You may share this recipe by mentioning Sunria products used in this recipe, and adding a link back to this site. No reproduction or distribution is allowed for business purpose without permission.