Indonesian Firewood Rice
Experience a traditional way Indonesian rice farmers prepare rice renowned of its tantalizing aroma drifting across the fields when cooking, "beckoning" those working in the field to come home. Popular in West Java, farmers' wives often cook this to reward their husbands for their hard work.
Preparation Time : 5 Mins Cooking Time : 30 Mins
Ready in : 40 Mins Servings : 4-5 People
Quantity and Ingredients :
- 400 g Pandan Rice
- 10 cloves shallots
- 2 stalks of lemongrass
- 8 small green chilies
5 Indonesian salam leaves (can be substituted with bay leaves)
- 100 ml of coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- In a heavy-bottomed pot, combine rinsed Pandan Rice and all ingredients.
- Add 750 ml of water and bring to a boil over high heat for a minute.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover tight and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Let stand covered for 5 minutes. Fluff and mix all ingredients, and serve.
- Combine rinsed Pandan Rice and all ingredients.
- Add 600 ml of water and turn the rice cooker on.
- When signal rice is ready, leave it for another 10 minutes before opening the lid and serve.
This is an original recipe by Sunria and its farmers. You may share this recipe by mentioning Sunria products used in this recipe, and adding a link back to this site. No reproduction or distribution is allowed for business purpose without permission.